KA-BAR #1213 Black Straight Edge Knife / Hard Sheath

The Handle - I was concerned about the Kraton handle before I ordered. I went to Bass Pro Shops and touched, felt, handled all the Ka-Bars I could find. I liked the leather handles on the Marine and Army commemorative knives, however I don't like how leather wears over time. My dad has knives that are over 30 yrs old and the handles no longer exist, and I don't know about you but I want to buy a knife once. I was also concerned about the grip, I wanted something that had a solid feel and wouldn't slip. I was surprised when felt the Kraton handle for the first time. It had a better grip compared to the leather. Very slip resistant. The butt of the knife was very solid as well, can be used as a hammer. I cant say much about the weathering issue because I haven't had the thing for 30 years, but I will update when the time comes.

The Blade - Well what can I say, the blade is 1095 carbon steel, very hard. I find it a little difficult to sharpen but that is to be expected from a knife like this. I prefer no serrations as well (even harder to sharpen). I dont like the look of serrations and have never honestly used them, so whats the point. The blade looks mean as well, very intimidating. Its impossible to not be satisfied with the blade.

The Sheath - This is by far the best feature of this knife. The sheath is a hard plastic, very tough. I LOVE the no slip feature of the case!!! When the knife is secure in the case its very hard to get out unless you firmly grasp the handle. In other words, it wont fall out of the case. This feature is important if you do a lot of hiking deep in the woods.


Key and Features

  • Blade Detail: Plain Edge; Blade Length (inches): 7.00; Blade Material: Carbon Steel, Black;
  • Carry System: Kydex Sheath; Handle Material: Kraton; Overall Length (inches): 11.75;

0 Comment "KA-BAR #1213 Black Straight Edge Knife / Hard Sheath"

Post a Comment